Wednesday, November 30, 2011

More impressions from Western China

Well, I have been a busy bunny this month and have been remiss in reporting my observations from my trip across China!
So here's just a few more pictures from Kashgar.

Kashgar is home to one of the largest statues of Mao Zedong in the world. As you can imagine, in the heart of China's largest autonomous region of predominantly Uyghur people, this statue is not particularly well-loved.
the massively awkward Chairman towers over Kashgar


 I loved this couple! The man was all smiles, pointing to my camera and gesturing for me to take a picture of him and his wife. As soon as I was ready to shoot, he would stand straight, solemn, and stoic, refusing to smile . . . then he'd giggle like a little boy when I showed him the pictures!

I know I already posted a picture of this little beauty earlier, but I was just so captivated by her sweet, shy smile!




2 comments: