Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sweet & Salty Minty Goodness

Ready for another quick & easy Holiday treat?
Let's make some of those Minty Things.
Sweet & Salty & Minty & Squishy & Crunchy - it's a great combination of textures and flavors!

I don't know if they have a name - I'm open for suggestions!

Here's what you need to get started.
"Waffle" pretzels
M&Ms - get the red & green Christmas ones.
Hesrhey's Kisses - I'm using the Peppermint ones here, but I also like the "Hugs".

That's it!

Preheat the oven to 250°.

Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and spread out the Waffle Pretzels in a single layer.

Here's the hardest part: Unwrapping all those Kisses!

Next you'll want to decapitate them. This makes it much easier to press the M&M down without making a mess ... although this step isn't truly necessary.
Pinch off the tip of each Kiss, using your fingers. I suppose you could use a knife if you like.
Save the tiny little tips and melt them into your hot chocolate. . . or make Chocolate Tip Cookies! Ah, who am I kidding - I know you're just going to nibble on them while you're unwrapping the kisses.

Center a Kiss on top of each pretzel ...

... and slide them into your warm oven.
OK, you only want to bake them until they're *just* getting squishy! The timing will vary, depending on your oven and the type of chocolate you're using.
I suggest you set the timer for 2 minutes and check them. . . I usually keep mine in for *just* under 3 minutes.

They'll start to slump and get shiny, like this:

Now quickly put an M&M on top of each one. Don't press them down too hard, or squishiness will ensue!

Place them in the fridge for 10 minutes or so to firm them up.
Mmmmm, minty goodness.

I really like these with the Brown-and-White Zebra-Striped Kisses as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment